All pupils follow a core PE curriculum which runs in line with the National Curriculum.
The Department facilities include:
- Indoor heated 20m swimming pool
- Traditional gymnasium
- Dance studio
- Playing fields - 2 grass hockey pitches/4 rounders pitches/grass running track
- 4 netball courts/5 tennis courts
- Olympic sized (9m) long jump pit with a 30m all weather track
- Astro Turf - multi sports surface
- Various ability Cross Country Courses
Pupils in years 7 - 9 will study Athletics, Dance, Health Related Exercise, Hockey, Lifesaving, Netball, Orienteering, Personal Survival, Rounders, Swimming, Synchronised Swimming, and Tennis.
Pupils in years 10 and 11 will study Athletics, Basketball, Football, Hockey, Netball, Table Tennis, and Volleyball.
We enter all local and regional tournaments which run throughout the academic year in netball, hockey and athletics
Fixtures are played against local schools in the area after school up to 4 days of the week in netball, hockey, athletics, swimming, tennis and rounders. County and invitation tournaments are attended at weekends.