Today

 

A thriving, happy school producing girls that are a credit to society, just as the Sisters had envisaged all those years ago

2013

The Sensory Garden and multi-sport astro were built along with a Kiln and darkroom

2008

Theatre (Bligh) was added to bring music and drama closer together

2007

Stained glass windows in the Prep, designed by the girls and reproduced by Miss Cross

2005

Music block (Colin) was built

1994

Frognal Lodge at the London Road exit was adapted for use as a nursery

1991

The Science block was built along the drive where the old “hut” classrooms were

1978

The L-shaped building, with small hall and P.E. “H.Q.” are housed

1972

The swimming pool was opened

1970

Continued rising student numbers meant more space was required so the Preparatory School building was built

1962

The pupil numbers had out grown The Rosary building so an extension was built, which is the main Senior School building today

1947

The Sisters bought The Frognal Estate in Sunningdale, which had been used by Eisenhower and the American High Command during WWII.  48 girls transferred from Richmond and became weekly boarders and 8 girls remained day students

1940

 

The Richmond site was bombed and although there were no casualties the building was a complete shell

1900’s

The Marist Sisters had established 4 convents in Spitalfields, Tottenham, Peckham and Richmond.  The Richmond site also housed the school

1858

Marist Sisters travelled from France to England and established the first UK Marist Convent in Spitalfields

1855

Mother St. Joseph, working in a poor area in France built a school as she recognised the importance of good education

1823

Jeanne Marie Chavoin began The Marist Sisters

1817

The Marist Family was born