|“The quality of the curriculum and extra-curricular provision is excellent.”
The Art department is housed in the main school in two new purpose built Art studios. We also have a dedicated Ceramics Studio, Kiln and Darkroom, which pupil's use to continue the exploration of their creative ideas and enhance their projects.
Key Stage 3
Art at this stage involves the following taught in termly units:
- Tone and mark making
- Colour and culture
- Watercolour painting
- 3D clay
- Expressive drawing and painting
- Surrealism and construction
- Printing and culture
- War and 3D clay
- Drawing, painting and cubism
- Watercolour and perspective drawing
Key Stage 4
In art there is an opportunity to study the following:
- An endorsed Fine Art or Photography course
- Drawing and painting
- Three dimensional work
- At GCSE we use the AQA Examination Board. The course requires 3 projects of work, each of which includes a main piece and supporting preparatory studies
- All work involves the use of IT and critical studies
- 100% pass rate at GCSE & A Level
- Over the years we have entered and won different categories at the Sunninghill Carnival Competition, National Rotary competitions and Christmas Card competitions, local and national. We are committed to showcasing all pupils work on the Saatchi Gallery website during the beginning of each year.
- In 2014, nearly 1,280 apsiring artists in college or at Sixth Form submitted their work to the A-Level Royal Academy Summer Exhibition Online. Only 36 outstanding works were selected for exhibition by the expert panel including work by one of our Year 12 Students. The RA commended a further 70 works including a sculpture by another Year 12 student. Having you work chosen to apprear in this exhibition is one of the greatest accolades in the art world for this age group.
- We regularly design the sets for the school's drama productions.
Many of our A Level students go on to Art Colleges and Universities to study fashion, graphics and architecture, such as Central St Martins and Kingston University.